Cinemahead Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does Cinemahead make or do?  (Read 3830 times)

cinemahead

• Administrator
  • Maker
    • View Profile
    • Ch@OS Studios - The Cinemahead Forum
What does Cinemahead make or do?
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:43:40 AM »

Cinemahead is a community of filmmakers. Think of it as an environment, a space for films and filmmakers in the making.

Who are you? Why, When, Where, How do you write, shoot, cut, make your films?  Tell us!

In this forum you can share and discuss ideas, story development, technical process, or any other aspect of filmmaking you focus on.
As an active "Cinemahead" you can both benefit from and contribute to a creative playground that is here for you.

You may be in film school, college, high-school, or making movies with your pa in the basement (can't beat that) . Maybe you read a pile of books about Eisenstein and Hitchock, or maybe none. Do you watch 4 movies a day on your phone? Do you scan the world for ideas, or just the net?  Codecs may be your thing, or your nemesis. And your next script, is it coming along? Are you awash in buzz words?  Have you memorized McKee?

Every story is different, every film is different. Learn what you can and leave the rest. Stay open to what your peers are making, and get 10.000 hours of practice in. Look for an apprenticeship. Join a film band, play together, make mistakes. Jazz it up until you put the theory and practice together.

Jerry Garcia (JGB, Grateful Dead, Legion of Mary, Old & in the Way) was once asked why he played "weird" underground music. He replied:

"We just make something of value for our community, even if it has little or no commercial potential."

looking forward to seeing you around. You can follow on Twitter @cinemahead

daniel alegi
founder, Cinemahead
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:52:39 PM by cinemahead »
D.

cinemahead

• Administrator
  • Maker
    • View Profile
Re: What does Cinemahead make or do?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:11:21 PM »

Another way to look at it.

huh?

Another way to look at it could be a logline:

BRAND X: another way to look at it.

What do Cinemaheads look at? (Minsar, this lead is for you.... :) )

At film-making? We do like making of films...
At cinema as an art/science? Its climate is changing rapidly, in both tech, age and purpose.

I realize that this post implies a plural (Cinemaheads) which to some may feel aggregating (yeah, I have some friends) and to others can feel intrusive.

I like thinking of film crews as bands, musical bands. No one takes ego-based credit for a drum roll, a piano rigff, or a scat vocal. In the jam, the band oplays together, and the music is what matters.

In your film-making, do you sometimes find yourself "jamming" ?

D.

minsar

• Global Moderator
  • Into the Forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:56:11 AM »

What do Cinemaheads look at? (Minsar, this lead is for you.... :) )
An interesting question at issue. Which in my case means - processing. :)

I realize that this post implies a plural (Cinemaheads) which to some may feel aggregating (yeah, I have some friends) and to others can feel intrusive.
I don't think I understand this part. Why should using the term "Cinemaheads" feel offensive to anybody? Because it is an assumption before the definition is given? Because the group label is placed on individuals that may wish to remain individuals? I don't really get it, please explain?

I like thinking of film crews as bands, musical bands. No one takes ego-based credit for a drum roll, a piano rigff, or a scat vocal. In the jam, the band oplays together, and the music is what matters.
I think both in music and in film you have those who flourish more when playing in a band and those who need to stay solo-artists.

In your film-making, do you sometimes find yourself "jamming" ?
And interesting question again, I have to think about it.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

cinemahead

• Administrator
  • Maker
    • View Profile
What does Cinemahead make or do?
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »

hi Joanna (there is another user called Jo) -

I like the term Cinemaheads too. It seems to include all makers doers thinkers in the infinite environment of moving images, sound, personal experience and stories.

If you are on Linkedin, I have a group there called cinemaheads that's starting to grow.
I 'm not on FB, alas, but after the app launches maybe probably so, too.

:D
D.

Yoshidaka

• New
  • Welcome to the Cinemahead Forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 11:36:33 AM »

I'm sure your message is very good. Get a lot of benefits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up